Friday, December 29, 2017

A Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Christmas!


We all knew Christmas was going to be a challenge this year, but my lovely daughters have gifted me with some outstanding loot to raise my spirits, not the least of which was the exceedingly cool coloring book seen above. This one is like most of these, a hodge-podge of images from all over the DC spectrum but this one has a really hedy dose of Neal Adams.


Also up was a nifty Blu-Ray of the summer blockbuster Wonder Woman. We enjoyed it together in the theater this past year and it was the perfect Christmas present.


Much more surprising was this Blu-Ray set of the Kingsman movies. The first one was a ton of fun and I'd never seen the second one. More on that at a later date no doubt.



And finally on the comic front was this hugely fun set of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots, but with a decidedly DC mold. These two aren't like the classic set but more free-wheeling and were as fun to assemble as to play. Delightful gift which I'd expressed some passing interest in weeks ago.



Made more delightful when I revealed that on a lark I'd picked up one of the classic Rock 'Em Sock 'Em games for us to enjoy. We had some goofy fun with these pugilistic pieces of plastic for certain.

So through no special planning but lots of special love, I had an exceedingly rock 'em sock 'em Christmas.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Excellent haul, Rip! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, indeed. I particularly like the Comic Art Coloring set.
    But i can't stop laughing at Rock'em Sock'em Orphan Fight. I think i need this.

    ReplyDelete