Monday, January 18, 2016

Where No Stamp Has Gone Before!


I'm not much of a stamp collector, but I have to say these particular stamps got my attention. Partly due to the subject matter (love original Star Trek) but mostly because of the handsome and creative designs. They put me in mind of those vintage 60's sci-fi paperbacks.

Here's what it says about them at the offical U.S. Postal website:

"Star Trek
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the television premiere, the new Star Trek Forever stamps showcase four digital illustrations inspired by classic elements of the television program:
  • the Starship Enterprise inside the outline of a Starfleet insignia against a gold background;
  • the silhouette of a crewman in a transporter against a red background;
  • the silhouette of the Enterprise from above against a green background; and,
  • the Enterprise inside the outline of the Vulcan salute (Spock’s iconic hand gesture) against a blue background
The words “SPACE… THE FINAL FRONTIER,” from Captain Kirk’s famous voice-over appear beneath the stamps against a background of stars. The stamps were designed by Heads of State under the art direction of Antonio Alcalá."

I might actually have to pick these up. They are snazzy.

Rip Off

4 comments:

  1. Haha, a crew member in a red shirt/background? :P timeless reference ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red shirt is a metaphor for impending doom.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  2. I love the design too. But I've got the superhero stamps framed (DC and Marvel) as well as the Star Wars ones and even the Doctor Who stamps from the UK framed so my first thought was "Oh great, something else I gotta get framed."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of those tucked away in boxes, but yeah there is a bit of here's some more to get and hang onto.

      Rip Off

      Delete