Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year Yet Again!


God I'm getting old!

It's 2016 and time, as it's wont to do, slips away day after day.

This past year has been a complicated affair. My beloved wife has had a spate of health issues -- following on a scheduled knee-replacement replacement, she suffered a broken leg in that same leg soon after, only to fracture her collar bone in a freakish event following all of that. She's had a long painful year, but seems right now to be on the mend for good. This year we promised each other to stay away from hospitals for at least the first half of the year. We'll see how that goes.

My kids are enjoying themselves, living lives filled with dedicated service to the most needy students in a school which rewards them with a bountiful esprit de corps which makes all of it more worthwhile.  I am might proud of the good work they do for kids who really need them. Professionally, I continue to enjoy a good situation, and know how lucky I am to have it.

The world is good, or at least as good as it can be. With all the tragedy in the great wide world, we are lucky indeed that so little of it has struck us of late.

So as the new year beckons I want to wish each and everyone of you a happy new year and hope that you and yours have a great 2016.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Similar issues in my family,too. I think that 2015 was a tough year for everyone. Here's hoping you guys have smoother sailing in the coming months. I have a feeling 2016 is going to be a wild ride, but I look forward to many things, including daily visits here (Midnight Tales is a big favorite) and I hope you know how much your posts are appreciated.

    Happy New Year, Rip. Here we go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the kind words. Making the posts can be great therapy and I'm glad they are enjoyed, at least a little bit.

      Rip Off

      Delete