Monday, July 8, 2013

Too Many #@&! Comic Books!


I have too many doggone comic books! It's a pitiful complaint to make, but sadly it's true.

I went to find the Sword of the Atom trade I bought a few years ago and I had to bust through nearly half the boxes in my over-crowded back bedroom to find it, and that was on the second attempt. I was exhausted after the first attempt and had to rest a bit before I tried again. I found it, and read and enjoyed it (review upcoming), but it was too hard to find. I need to clear out the stuff I haven't looked at in a decade or longer. It's just sitting there, soaking up room and offering up no value whatsoever.

Sadly, I know that much of what I have is largely worthless in the resale market, but nonetheless I need to bite the bullet and begin to move it out. I have some time today and and maybe it's time at long last to begin the great shift. It has to happen, regardless of the value I can reap on the other side.

I spend all my time with trades and collections these days.  I rarely read an individual comic book, and in fact Popeye is the only regular book I get still. It's time to begin. Wish me luck.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I'm moving into a new apartment at the end of the month and it has less closet space so I may be forced to trim my collection too. But I hate to part with any comics no matter what they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've traded away comics a few times in the past and I've sometimes regretted it, but alas it has to happen or my poor wife might be overwhelmed by the sheer bulk if I were to ever shuffle off this mortal coil. It's better to get some value from them now, and save some money on trades and stuff than just hold onto books I own a few times over.

      There are some books I'll never trade away, such as my Charltons and some key Marvels, but a lot of stuff just has to go. So much is available in Essentials and Showcase format that it's easier to have the stories at hand there.

      Rip Off

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...