Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Spectral Hound!


Being a huge fan of Martin Powell's take on the famous detective from Baker Street, I'm very excited to read that a new Sherlock Holmes story from Powell is headed to the stands, this time adapting my absolute favorite novel. The Hound of the Baskervilles was a novel I read young, and the tale of the spectral hound haunting the dank moors left a definite imprint on my youthful imagination. I'm very eager to see what the author of Scarlet in Gaslight does with this venerable Holmes classic.Alas the artwork this time is not by the utterly awesome Seppo Makinen, but by Jamie Chase. The early images I've seen look great though.


To get revved up for it, I'm digging out my Powell-Makinen Holmes comics and giving them another read this Halloween season.

Rip Off

3 comments:

  1. Have you heard about Martin Powell's NEXT project? Talk about high concept. Martin Powell and Terry Beatty, in association with IDW and Yoe Comics, are doing MARS ATTACKS...POPEYE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have and it's on the short list. Somewhere someone asked about creators you would buy anything from sight unseen, and Martin Powell is about the only modern talent I feel that way about. His stories always deliver.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed your comment on to Martin who is one of my friends on Facebook. He said he wasn't able to post here for some reason but wanted me to thank you and tell you he's "flattered and bewildered" by your comment.

    ReplyDelete