Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Webb Wilder Weekend Report!


It was another pretty dandy concert. The first half of the show was outstanding, and while the second set was full of grand material, it did seem to have its share of mild distractions. All in all a nifty concert, though not to my ear as solid as last year. But they can't all be that glorious.

Got to see the short film Scattergun again, and it's a shame this one ain't available to purchase. It's a wonderful little fable of the lame, the bad, and the ugly. Here's the trailer.



I got to meet the last of the full-grown men at long last, shake his hand, and I also snagged his autograph for my copy of the Webb Wilder double novel Mole Men/ The Doll. It's a hoot!


Here is a peek at Webb's rendition of one my favorite tunes he and his band play, a cover titled "Slow Death".



And here's that same song in its original form by the band the Flamin' Groovies.



Fantastic riffs!

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment