Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Doctor Solar Is In!





Today's about the biggest buy I've had the local shop this year. The usual pulp stuff has dropped (Avenger, Doc Savage, Shadow) and there's a new Showcase volume featuring the Legion of Superheroes too. But the big buy today is the trade from Dark of Doctor Solar.

They've offered these up for several years in a archive format, but those are pretty steep for my blood. I get them for Turok, but that's a special case. Seeing these books come out in trade is a real treat and I anticipate the next one for Magnus too.

These earliest issues of Doctor Solar are some of the most peculiar, the ones before he adopts his red costume and becomes a more traditional superhero. I'm anxious to read them, and to get a good look at those Richard Powers covers.




Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment