Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vicki Gets A Little Tippy!


As a fanboy in 1975, my nascent sense of completism caused me to buy the first issue of Vicki from Atlas-Seaboard. I liked their other offerings and so I took a tumble on this Archie-like book.


I was jarred a bit by the interiors which seemed a bit cruder than I expected. They had a generic quality. It would be several years before I learned that these were reprints of a defunct Tower Comics comic titled Tippy the Teen.

As I recall they did make some small efforts to update the stories with changes in clothing style, but there was no masking the the overall lackluster nature of the work.

Vicki ran four issues, only one of which I own. They have become a tad scarce it seems, simply because clearly I wasn't the only one ignoring them on the stands.




Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment