Friday, July 16, 2010

Alex Saviuk's Arabian Adventure!


I chanced upon this vintage 1979 movie poster by Alex Saviuk here.


I well remember seeing this rather ho-hum movie at my local theater, back in the days when going to the theater was reasonably cheap and home video was yet to become a common feature. If you wanted to see a movie, you had to get your butt off the couch and get to the movie house.

The poster really stuck in my memory and it's the best thing about the movie, by far. I remember seeing it and recognizing the name of the artist--Alex Saviuk.


I've long liked Saviuk's work. It's classic comic book storytelling stuff, clean and effective. Like so many talents who get overlooked by the fanboy community, Saviuk is a storyteller first and splash-page magician second, or maybe even third.


I first chanced upon Alex Saviuk's work at DC on some of their back-up features, and some years later he became one of the regular Spider-Man artists. He's worked on the Spidey comic strip and has done lots of work on Lee Falk's The Phantom.



Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment