Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some Classy Covers!






Alan Class Comics, a British publisher is a hoot. When I gander at the covers at GCD I see a wild array of images from Marvel, ACG, Tower, King, and Charlton. You never can tell what the next issue of a run will feature. It might be Spidey or Blue Beetle or Mandrake.

Above are some of my favorite Alan Class Charlton hero reprints. I like the covers for a few reasons. The titles of the comics were pulpy and neat for sure, but the brightness of the cover art really makes these gems shine in a way the Charlton presses weren't always able to make happen.

The insides of these reprints might've been black and white, but the covers were lush and full color.

Here's a link for more covers.

And here's a link with more on Alan Class.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I bought loads of these as a kid in the 70's. I definitely remember owning the one with the Captain Atom cover, probably bought at some English seaside town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like dream comics for a kid, if not for a collector. The variety of features is boggling. I'd love to get some samples sometime.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete