Sunday, March 14, 2010

Big Little Books!









The gallery above feature images of books I bought when a mere tyke and which I still have. They are wonderful little packages of entertainment, an irresistible blend of image and text for any comic book reader.

If I had more money, I'd collect early versions of these. My local store has a hefty collection, and I've been tempted more than a little by some choice items featuring The Phantom and other vintage stars. But my pocketbook is far too slight to really get into that arena.

The Big Little Book is a slight step toward respectability, away from the ghetto alleys of comics and toward the enlightened broad avenues "real" books, books sans pictures.

Frankly I've always preferred my books illustrated, it gives them a zest they lack otherwise, they seem so dour and undifferentiated otherwise.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment