Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Happiest Place On Earth!


My beloved daughters just returned from a great week at Walt Disney World in Orlando. They've wanted to go all their lives (actually my eldest has been as part of a school outing) and they got sick and tired of their lame parents not ever stepping up. So a year ago they planned it and began saving up money.

I'm very happy to report that things went great and they enjoyed their week immensely. They did all the things they wanted to do and more, squeezing in as much as they could and building a lasting memory for two sisters to share. Many people were stunned that sisters would willingly spend so much time together, but they really get along with each other well (these days at least) and they have found good solid support for each other in trying times.

Needless to say Mom and I are happy and pleased as we stayed and kept the mutts. But there were presents of course and I made out like a bandit, scoring a handsome Micky Mouse Jedi plush toy, a great looking item, and a wonderful collection of Walt Disney classic comics. The Walt Disney Treasures was a great series by Gemstone and I'd wish that publisher been able to do more, but now I have a great copy of some fantastic vintage Disney stories.

And my daughters have great memories and each other. I of course have them.

The happiest place on Earth is my house today, and every day really.

Rip Off (Not in the least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment